Join us for the 12th Annual M-Enabling Summit!
October 15-17, 2024
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Engage with colleagues and trendsetters in digital accessibility and inclusion, gain insights on the latest trends, and be part of the global discussion on building an inclusive digital world for persons with disabilities! The three-day 2024 in-person Summit will feature a hybrid track, general and break-out sessions, interactive roundtables and workshops, panel discussions, open dialog with innovators and disrupters in digital inclusion, accessibility chat interviews, and a cognitive sprint forum.
The Summit will host premium networking and educational opportunities with a keen focus on leaders and practitioners engaging in accessible technologies and environments from around the globe.
Join the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP), a division of G3ict, on the third day of the Summit for their annual thought leadership Expert Forum on integrating accessibility into organizational maturity.
Registration opens in April 2024.
To check out a sampling of the 2023 content around the theme of AI and Digital Transformation. Register for free at Summit sessions & A11y Chats on demand.
Highlighted 2023 A11y Chat Interview
- How AI Will Transform the Digital Accessibility Eco-system
- The Future of User Interfaces
- Extended Reality and Assistive Navigation Apps and Services
- New Enablers for Inclusive Workplaces
- Marrakesh Treaty: Addressing Gaps in Adoption at a Global Level
- W3C-WAI Update on Web Accessibility Guidelines
- The Impact of AI on Assistive Technologies
- Implementation and Impact of the European Accessibility Act
- Global Accessibility Regulatory Trends
- Drivers and Solutions for Inclusive Digital Gaming
- Usability Testing and Research
- Latest U.S. Legislative and Regulatory Developments
- IoT for Independent Living
- The Impact of AI on Accessibility Testing
- AI for Users’ Online Safety
- Latest Advances of Social Media Accessibility
- Technology Watch: Neurotechnologies and Brain-Computer Interfaces for Persons with Disabilities
- Inclusive Retail and Customer Service
What Attendees Have to Say About the Summit:
A great forum for accessibility newcomers and veterans to share best practices, learn, and make new connections.”Hale Pulsifer, Customer Accessibility Lead, Fidelity Investments
Quite frankly, one of the most interesting and well-organized accessibility-themed conferences that I have attended in recent years.Steven Winters, Policy Advisor, Transport Canada
Informative and keeps the community pressing for improved accessibility.Harry Denby, Program Manager, U.S. Department of Homeland Security