Join us for the Executive Briefing
Social functions and refreshments offered by:
When and Where
- Virtual Briefing via Zoom: September 26, from 11 am to 12 pm ET
- Two-Day, In-Person Interactive Briefing: October 10 and 11*
- Three-Day, In-Person Interactive Briefing: October 10 through 12*
*Explicit U.S. Federal Government Executive Briefing content will take place on October 11.
*In-person event takes place at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel 2800 South Potomac Avenue, Arlington, Virginia 22202 USA
Executive Briefing Overview
The Executive Briefing sessions will provide a comprehensive review of the current evolution of digital accessibility policies and programs for U.S. Federal Government Agencies. As a particular focus of this year’s M-Enabling Summit, G3ict will provide an in-depth focus on the U.S. Federal Government’s advancement and evolution of digital accessibility and the Section 508 Program.
Virtual Briefing Summary & Benefits
Registered participants will join a 60-minute webinar briefing on September 26th. During this session, participants will be able to:
- Participate in an open-dialog session with subject matter experts.
- Engage in dialog with the government community on digital accessibility topics.
- Preview content to be included on October 10 and 11 with the Subject Matter Expert Sessions.
Virtual Briefing confirmed speakers to include:
- Christopher M. Lee, Ph.D., Managing Director, G3ict/IAAP (Facilitator)
- John Sullivan, G3ict Fellow and Advisor (on the U.S. Senate “Unlocking the Virtual Front Door” Report)
- Sachin Dev Pavithran, Ph.D., Executive Director, U.S. Access Board (on Evolving U.S. Federal Digital Accessibility Legal Landscape)
- Alison Sutton Levy, Director, Office of Technical and Information Services, U.S. Access Board (on Policy Direction)
- Andrew Nielson, Government-wide Section 508 Program, U.S. General Services Administration (on Implementation Update)
- Karen Peltz-Strauss, National Disability Advocate and Historian (on Communications, Video and Technology Accessibility (CVTA) Act of 2023)
- Axel Leblois, President and CEO, G3ict/IAAP (on 2023 M-Enabling Summit Program Overview)
In-Person Interactive Sessions Summary & Benefits
Registered participants will join the M-Enabling Summit’s in-person event held in Washington, DC, on October 10 – 12, 2023. Explicit interactive U.S. Federal Government Executive Briefing content will take place on October 11th to include:
- The U.S. Senate “Unlocking the Virtual Front Door” Report.
- The Changing Landscape and Imperatives for Section 508 Programs: How legislative mandates and executive guidance change Section 508 Program monitoring across Agencies.
- The U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging Recommendations.
- Updates from the U.S. Access Board, GSA, FCC, DOJ, and the DOD Computer/Electronics Accommodations Program (CAP).
- Digital Accessibility service improvements in U.S. Federal Programs that directly serve the Disability Community (CMC, SSA, DOL, HHS Center for Independent Living)
Coffee breaks and lunch will be provided in the showcase area. Evening Social Meetup hosted by the M-Enabling Summit. Captioning and Sign Language provided.
The host of the M-Enabling Summit, G3ict, is offering the U.S. Federal Government community a simplified single registration process for the Federal Executive Briefing being held during the Summit. When registering for the Summit, U.S. Federal participants will receive the September 26 Virtual Briefing and the in-person deep-dive as part of their registration fee during the interactive two-day (Oct 10-11) or three-day (Oct 10-12) event, in Washington, DC.
Government Participants Registration Rate:
|Part One Virtual Briefing (Sept 26 ) + U.S. Federal Government Executive Briefing – 2 day pass||$675|
|Part One Virtual Briefing (Sept 26) + U.S. Federal Government Executive Briefing – 3 day pass||$895|